• 6 AUGUST - *1907 - Gen. Macario Sakay, one of the Filipino military leaders who had continued fighting the imperialist United States invaders eight years into the Ph...
    11 years ago

......................................................................................

The Daily Tribune

(Without Fear or Favor)

Specials:

Bulatlat.com

World Wildlife Fund for Nature-Philippines

The Philippines Matrix Project

This could have changed history I.N.S.I.D.E . C.O.N.G.R.E.S.S Charlie Manalo 11/10/2011

Thursday, November 10, 2011

This could have changed history

I.N.S.I.D.E . C.O.N.G.R.E.S.S
Charlie Manalo
11/10/2011
Last Tuesday, a friend sent me a text message asking me to check on a video uploaded by a Filipino filmmaker on the popular Web site, the YouTube. What aroused my curiosity was that my friend’s text came with a warning that the video, chronicling the history of the Aquino-Cojuangco clan, is something more bombastic than Henry Baigent’s book, the Holy Blood, Holy Rail.

What could be more explosive than Baigent’s book, I asked myself. As far as I know, I have the Aquino-Cojuangco clan covered, from their patriarch reneging on the condition that the government guarantees their loan for the acquisition of Hacienda Luisita provided he subdivides it to its tenant-farmers after 10 years, his daughter’s successful act to preserve their landholdings by effectively exempting it from the coverage of the Comprehensive Agrarian Reform Law via her stock distribution option, her equally incompetent son, Noynoy who is now the country’s president, and her daughter Kris, who, we all know as… well, everybody knows anyway..... MORE

SourceThe Daily Tribune

URL: http://www.tribuneonline.org/commentary/20111110com5.html

1 comment

Jesusa Bernardo said...

ito ang sikat na sikat na video sa youtube. sabi ng iba, agitprop daw, na talaga naman pero talaga ring may basehan.

ang suspetsa ko ang bahagi ukol sa yaman ni ysidra cojuangco (old republic treasures) ay binase sa artikulo kong 'old cojuangco fortune'

http://jesusabernardo.newsvine.com/_news/2011/06/30/6980380-the-old-cojuangco-fortune-the-first-philippine-republic-funds

Blog Archive