• 6 AUGUST - *1907 - Gen. Macario Sakay, one of the Filipino military leaders who had continued fighting the imperialist United States invaders eight years into the Ph...
    11 years ago

......................................................................................

The Daily Tribune

(Without Fear or Favor)

Specials:

Bulatlat.com

World Wildlife Fund for Nature-Philippines

The Philippines Matrix Project

Morato corroborates Adaza’s cheating operations report By Gerry Baldo 05/27/2010

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Morato corroborates Adaza’s cheating operations report


By Gerry Baldo
05/27/2010

Former director of the Movie, Television Review and Classification Board and now director of the Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office Manuel Morato yesterday corroborated the testimony of lawyer Homobono Adaza that seven men, among whom were at least four Commission on Elections (Comelec) officials, had offered to rig the May 10 elections.

According to Morato, Adaza’s testimony was true and that the seven men had indeed visited him in his office offering their “services” to make Lakas-Kampi-CMD presidential candidate Gilbert Teodoro win the polls.
The group, said Morato, wanted him to be the conduit to Teodoro.

“I gathered from a friend, lawyer Bono Adaza, that he had mentioned to you that there were seven people who came to my place, sometime in early February offering me a certain operation. And that’s what I would like to relate to you here and I have nothing really scandalous to say here and I would like to attest to the veracity of what my friend, lawyer Adaza, who is not my lawyer, that he told the truth, that I indeed related it to him,” Morato told members of the House committee on suffrage and electoral reforms during the continuation of their hearing.

Morato said that he is a supporter of Teodoro and that the seven men had wanted to make him a
conduit for the Lakas-Kampi-CMD presidential bet but stressed to the group that Teodoro wouldn’t engage in cheating operations.

“It was being offered to presidential candidate Gilbert Teodoro through me. I was supposed to be the conduit because they could not get hold of Gilbert Teodoro. So when I asked them to relate to me what it was all about, they said that for the amount of P1-billion, they could do a certain operation to ensure the winning of the candidate and I immediately cut them off and this is what I told them: i said, what you are tyring to tell me is out of character for Gilbert Teodoro to indulge in such an operation,” Morato said under oath.

He said that he alleged operations was two-pronged.

“They told me that the operation is two pronged: you can either cheat or they can protect you from being cheated,” he said quoting the suspects..... MORE    

SourceThe Daily Tribune

URL: http://www.tribuneonline.org/headlines/20100527hed3.html


0 comments

Blog Archive