• 6 AUGUST - *1907 - Gen. Macario Sakay, one of the Filipino military leaders who had continued fighting the imperialist United States invaders eight years into the Ph...
    11 years ago

......................................................................................

The Daily Tribune

(Without Fear or Favor)

Specials:

Bulatlat.com

World Wildlife Fund for Nature-Philippines

The Philippines Matrix Project

Bad experience in Rome NO HOLDS BARRED Armida Siguion-Reyna 08/09/2011

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Bad experience in Rome

NO HOLDS BARRED
Armida Siguion-Reyna
08/09/2011
The cause célèbre I shall of course get involved with, for to my last breath I shall be involved with all that’s got to do with freedom of expression, and no one, no priest, no group of priests, no threat of ex-communication, can stop me. No, sir, not even at my age.

But first, indulge me. I’m not merely complaining here, but actually issuing a warning to those setting out to vacation in Rome, where one is supposed to gather receipts for items that cost beyond 155 to 170 euros, in order to avail of at least an 11 percent value added tax (VAT) exemption.

Glad that the Italian Embassy here in Manila gave me a SchenGen visa for one year, I left for Rome July 14, so as to do away with jet lag before the official July 18 start of our “eating” tour to Florence and its environs. The boutique hotel we were in was snug and comfy, the one downer was not having my husband with me for the first time.

Sig and I both loved Italy, for its food, glorious music, wondrous works of art, and scenic spots. We’d been there countless of times, so I wanted to reconnect, and again went with a group comprised of my children Monique, Dodie and Luz, Carlitos and Bibeth, grandchildren Dara Tere, Tonito, Aya and Rafa; my sister Irma Potenciano and her daughter Virma, Virma’s husband Bonnie Vergel de Dios, and their son Mark; Lirio Vital, her two sons Roland and Chris; and Menggie Cobarrubias..... MORE

SourceThe Daily Tribune

URL: http://www.tribuneonline.org/commentary/20110809com4.html

0 comments

Blog Archive