• 6 AUGUST - *1907 - Gen. Macario Sakay, one of the Filipino military leaders who had continued fighting the imperialist United States invaders eight years into the Ph...
    11 years ago

......................................................................................

The Daily Tribune

(Without Fear or Favor)

Specials:

Bulatlat.com

World Wildlife Fund for Nature-Philippines

The Philippines Matrix Project

Three stories HE SAYS Aldrin Cardon 10/27/2010

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Three stories

HE SAYS
Aldrin Cardon
10/27/2010
One is my own, and I cannot help but recall what could have been a fateful day in my life had it not been for a work-related gig that made me cancel a lunch date with my wife that Friday noon.

I should not have answered her call, which, soon after I pressed the talk button of my cellular phone as I was driving to up Makati in hopes of catching up with her and her friends who went shopping, sounded gibberish. I feared she would admonish me for not being able to make it. Then, as soon as I came to my senses as the green light that gave me access from Coastal Road to Roxas Blvd went on, I clearly heard her scream: A bomb went off in Glorietta.

We were supposed to lunch in an Asian restaurant not far from where the bombing took place. I called it off at the last minute, but she went anyway, along with some friends. They were fitting jeans when the bomb went off, just two halls away from the blast. My wife recalled hearing the loud explosion, sending dust from the ceiling of the fitting room where she was trying out new jeans. They ran to the exit as fast as they could.
She was my first “reporter” of the incident. How glad I was that she survived the incident..... MORE

SourceThe Daily Tribune

URL: http://www.tribuneonline.org/commentary/20101027com4.html

0 comments

Blog Archive