• 6 AUGUST - *1907 - Gen. Macario Sakay, one of the Filipino military leaders who had continued fighting the imperialist United States invaders eight years into the Ph...
    11 years ago

......................................................................................

The Daily Tribune

(Without Fear or Favor)

Specials:

Bulatlat.com

World Wildlife Fund for Nature-Philippines

The Philippines Matrix Project

Reflections and disasters HE SAYS Aldrin Cardon 04/05/2010

Monday, April 5, 2010

Reflections and disasters



HE SAYS
Aldrin Cardon
04/05/2010

I have two daughters who are not exactly fans of restaurants serving local and exotic dishes. Just as other children are nowadays who are growing accustomed to television advertisements and other paid hypes, they prefer burgers and fries.

But classes were out officially last week and for Palm Sunday dinner, I took them to one of Larry Cruz’s joints in Malate. They seemed to love the fare which I personally selected from a rather rich menu, but their focus on our food and conversation was lured by a British food blogger on the other table who seemed to love with gusto his fare of fried frog legs to which my daughters could only shriek ewww!

I reminded my two girls that in times of wars and disasters, even snakes and mice could be eaten. I got sharp stares with my remark. I could understand their reaction.... MORE


SourceThe Daily Tribune

URL: http://www.tribuneonline.org/commentary/20100405com6.html


0 comments

Blog Archive