• 6 AUGUST - *1907 - Gen. Macario Sakay, one of the Filipino military leaders who had continued fighting the imperialist United States invaders eight years into the Ph...
    11 years ago

......................................................................................

The Daily Tribune

(Without Fear or Favor)

Specials:

Bulatlat.com

World Wildlife Fund for Nature-Philippines

The Philippines Matrix Project

My vote NO HOLDS BARRED Armida Siguion-Reyna 04/27/2010

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My vote



NO HOLDS BARRED
Armida Siguion-Reyna
04/27/2010

Having in the last issue explained why I was voting Joseph Estrada for president and Jojo Binay for vice president, here now is the rest of my voter’s list.

For my 12 senators, first I have the re-electionists Juan Ponce-Enrile and Jinggoy Ejercito. The playful will tease I’m going for JPE because he’s my brother, and I shall just as playfully counter, “Iboboto mo nga si Enrile, ako pa?” Yup, he’s doing rather well in the surveys, the highest ever since he started to run for office. I’m glad that people have finally realized that however he may appear to do things, his bottom line always has to do with wanting to see people happy. “Gusto ko, happy ka,” is not merely his political ad tagline but his aspiration as a public servant. Mas tutoo naman iyon, anytime, kaysa sa “Kung bad ka, lagot ka.”

He’s been Senate President since November of 2008. Senate employees, including those who don’t like him, acknowledge his fairness, how he has bonuses evenly distributed, how hard he works, how deeply he studies the papers brought before his attention, “mas masipag pa sa mga bata sa kanya.” I’m proud of him, Papa would have been prouder still.... MORE  

SourceThe Daily Tribune


URL: http://www.tribuneonline.org/commentary/20100427com4.html

1 comment

Jesusa Bernardo said...

Why I am Voting Joseph "Erap" Estrada

http://forthephilippines.blogspot.com/2010/04/why-i-am-voting-joseph-erap-estrada.html

Blog Archive