• 6 AUGUST - *1907 - Gen. Macario Sakay, one of the Filipino military leaders who had continued fighting the imperialist United States invaders eight years into the Ph...
    11 years ago

......................................................................................

The Daily Tribune

(Without Fear or Favor)

Specials:

Bulatlat.com

World Wildlife Fund for Nature-Philippines

The Philippines Matrix Project

Mrs. B NO HOLDS BARRED Armida Siguion-Reyna 02/16/2010

Tuesday, February 16, 2010


Mrs. B


NO HOLDS BARRED
Armida Siguion-Reyna
02/16/2010

I was aware that Jonas Burgos was missing, that he was last seen dragged out of a mall early part of 2007, in broad daylight yet. I had heard of how brave his family was in their continuing search for him, especially his mother, Edith. I’d been told of other stories, among others how Edith in the rally against Gloria Arroyo’s (hopefully) final Sona in 2009 had lunch in the very restaurant her son last ate in, the day he disappeared. Years ago, I’d done an Aawitan Kita episode in their farm in Bulacan, and although I truthfully don’t remember details, I met the man way before he was abducted. Small wonder I thought I knew everything about the case, and that I cared enough about it.

You see, as a mother, I feel for all others who lose children and the feeling is not purely imaginary. My first-born died at birth, I did not even get to hold, breastfeed, or at least bury him. I cry just remembering this, so sure, I continued to care about Jonas Burgos somewhere in the back of my mind.... MORE


SourceThe Daily Tribune

ALTERNATE URL: http://www.classicposters.com/commentary/20100216com4.html

Blog Archive