• 6 AUGUST - *1907 - Gen. Macario Sakay, one of the Filipino military leaders who had continued fighting the imperialist United States invaders eight years into the Ph...
    11 years ago

......................................................................................

The Daily Tribune

(Without Fear or Favor)

Specials:

Bulatlat.com

World Wildlife Fund for Nature-Philippines

The Philippines Matrix Project

What are customer relations department for Written by Charlie V. Manalo Thursday, 19 July 2012 00:00

Thursday, July 19, 2012

What are customer relations department for


I just can’t understand why business firms, especially service providers, maintain a unit for customer relations when they are virtually useless.

Last April 24, I got a call from my cable service provider, Cignal TV, asking me if would prefer to have my billing electronically transmitted instead of through the conventional mailing system. Since I always received my bills very late, I agreed to its  proposal. Cignal’s billing date is on the first day of each month but I usually receive my bill by the end of the month. And take note the due date for settling my bills falls on the 25th of each month.

The voice on the other end of the line told me that they have assigned for me a password so that I can access my electronically-transmitted bill. But since I didn’t have a pen that time, he told me he would be calling the following day, asking me to make sure I have a ready pen to jot down my password.

Before hanging up, he reminded me to settle my bill which I promised I would as soon as I return home as I was out of town that time. Also, I remember asking him not to disconnect my services as I would only be gone for a few days and that I would be settling my account as soon as I got home. To that, he acceded..... MORE

SourceThe Daily Tribune
 
URL: http://www.tribuneonline.org/index.php/commentary/item/1714-what-are-customer-relations-department-for

0 comments

Blog Archive