• 6 AUGUST - *1907 - Gen. Macario Sakay, one of the Filipino military leaders who had continued fighting the imperialist United States invaders eight years into the Ph...
    11 years ago

......................................................................................

The Daily Tribune

(Without Fear or Favor)

Specials:

Bulatlat.com

World Wildlife Fund for Nature-Philippines

The Philippines Matrix Project

So what? NO HOLDS BARRED Armida Siguion-Reyna 10/25/2011

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

So what?

NO HOLDS BARRED
Armida Siguion-Reyna
10/25/2011
Barely eating and with a bad cough and a slight fever, I found myself in the hospital last week from Monday afternoon to Thursday morning, fawned over by family and friends, disobeying doctors’ orders and refusing to take tests. So what, if I’m much too frail, or if I’m beginning to forget things? Heck, I’m turning 81; I’m not about to do the 100-m dash. So I don’t remember where I put my cell phone last; that’s not your problem, it’s mine. So, please. Leave me alone. Let me be. Allow me to grow old the way I want to grow old.

What’s it to you, kung tabingi ang pagkaka-drawing ko ng isang kilay? What’s a crooked eyebrow when one has never been so? As a producer I paid my taxes and made sure everyone who worked under me paid theirs. You worked for me, I made sure you slept well, had clean and comfortable lodgings, ate good meals and got paid on time, not with postdated checks, never, with postdated checks..... MORE

SourceThe Daily Tribune

URL: http://www.tribuneonline.org/commentary/20111025com4.html

0 comments

Blog Archive