• 6 AUGUST - *1907 - Gen. Macario Sakay, one of the Filipino military leaders who had continued fighting the imperialist United States invaders eight years into the Ph...
    11 years ago

......................................................................................

The Daily Tribune

(Without Fear or Favor)

Specials:

Bulatlat.com

World Wildlife Fund for Nature-Philippines

The Philippines Matrix Project

De Lima ready for face-off with Lacson 05/20/2011

Friday, May 20, 2011

De Lima ready for face-off with Lacson

05/20/2011
Justice Secretary Leila de Lima is ready to face Sen. Panfilo “Ping” Lacson and be grilled by the lawmaker when she submits herself for confirmation process before the powerful Commission on Appointments (CA).

“Of course I’d like to say that I’ll be ready always even if it’s not Lacson who will interrogate me in the CA.

“I don’t take things personally. I just want that my rights are also protected when I appear before proceedings like that. I’m sure that even a Justice secretary also has some rights,” she told Senate reporters during a chance interview yesterday.

Lacson has accused De lima of supposedly going after him and nailing him down in the Dacer-Corbito double murder case..... MORE

SourceThe Daily Tribune

URL: http://www.tribuneonline.org/headlines/20110520hed3.html

0 comments

Blog Archive