08/26/2011
The strategies employed by
the US and Nato are all too familiar by now: First, a massive
disinformation campaign, followed by a mobilization of armed
opportunistic defectors.
Then, as more gangster and terrorist elements
are recruited, massive Nato bombings are set off to precede an actual
armed incursion.
Ostensibly, the assault to re-colonize Libya
officially began in February 2011 with the disinformation that Moammar
Kadhafi’s air force had strafed and bombed “peaceful” demonstrators —
who, in no time, had lots of arms and SUVs outfitted with anti-aircraft
artillery. A UN resolution for a “humanitarian no-fly zone” was
thereafter rushed, which, to date, has yielded 20,000 bombing sorties
that have brought death and destruction to thousands upon thousands of
innocent Libyan civilians. Of course, the script will never be complete
without an International Criminal Court (ICC) indictment of Kadhafi and
his family.
But despite the promise of a “short campaign” lasting a
few days or weeks from US President Barack Obama, it’s been almost
seven months now and still, Kadhafi continues to be a pain in his
backside.
Remember the reports early on of a Kadhafi plane landing in
Venezuela, insinuating an escape? Well, it’s the same kind of blatant
disinformation resorted to recently, where Khamis Kadhafi, the son in
command of elite forces, was said to have been killed; followed by
claims of another two of Kadhafi’s sons being captured.
Between
the disinformation that Khamis had been killed and the rebel “invasion”
of Tripoli, French journalist Thierry Meyssan reported on
GlobalResearch.ca that “(by) evening, a motorcade of official cars
carrying top government figures came under attack… (forcing it to flee)
to the Hotel Rixos, where the foreign press is based… At 1 a.m., Khamis…
came to the Rixos… personally to deliver weapons for the defense of the
hotel. He then left… (after which) heavy fighting all around
(ensued)…”
We all know that Libyan political leader Seif Al-Islam,
another of Kadhafi’s sons, appeared later in public to rally the
troops, belying western media claims that he had been arrested by rebel
forces.
Moreover, as Sunday’s reports of the rebel advance into
Tripoli blared, Meyssan recounted on PrisonPlanet.com eyewitness reports
detailing that “a Nato warship sailed up and anchored just off the
shore at Tripoli, delivering heavy weapons and debarking al-Qaeda jihadi
forces… led by Nato officers… (Then, after) intense firefights… drones
and aircraft (of Nato) kept bombing in all directions… straf(ing)
civilians in the streets with machine guns to open the way for the
jihadis.”
Kadhafi had repeatedly pointed to these al-Qaeda jihadis
as the rebels’ main fighting force. So, even with al-Qaeda’s status as
the West’s public enemy No. 1, it should be clear to all that these
so-called “enemies” have long worked together, just as Osama bin Laden
did with the CIA in Afghanistan.
Overall, since the initial
assault of Nato’s sleeper elements almost seven months ago, Kadhafi had
quickly regrouped and turned the tables on his foes. Indeed, while the
US and Nato believed that drones and air power alone were enough to
neutralize Kadhafi in weeks, they didn’t count on his troops hiding
their tanks and SUVs from Tunisia to disguise themselves as rebels
moving about the desert.
Now that the fighting is all over Tripoli
and the other cities of Libya, there’s no denying the tenacity and
“brilliance” of Kadhafi’s forces in surprising the enemy. As I have
said many times, “The fighting ain’t over till it’s over.” And, going by
an old military adage saying, “Let the snake’s head enter then cut it
off,” the entry of rebel forces into Tripoli may well be the proverbial
snake’s head that Nato-bombarded Kadhafi forces are waiting to
decapitate.
Even western media have reported of an imminent
“counter attack” by Kadhafi — this, as they expressed fears of a
possible crack in the already fractious rebel forces, made evident by
the murder of their erstwhile head, Gen. Abdul Fatah Younis, by elements
believed to be linked to al-Qaeda. And as the power-crabbing and
grabbing of the factions within the rebel forces may erupt any moment,
time is not necessarily on Nato’s side. The longer the Kadhafi family
keeps the fight going, the greater the chance for a turnaround against
it.
Whatever the final outcome of the battles in Tripoli and in
Libya as a whole, the conflict will exacerbate beyond the leaders of
today, as what is happening in Afghanistan and Iraq. Expect Libyan per
capita income, at $12,000/annum under Kadhafi, to be slashed to half
(and then a fourth), not only because of the war but because of the West
devouring the lion’s share of the wealth of Libya’s oil fields already
nationalized by Kadhafi.
Both the US and Nato will continue their
war campaign against Syria, and then Iran, with their ultimate goal
being China — not because the emerging superpower is a threat but
because war is necessary for the western oligarchs to survive and for
their populations to be continually distracted — all to feed the
military-industrial complex (now celebrating its 50th year) that former
US President Dwight Eisenhower had warned about, which the world has
unfortunately failed to act on.
Unless we stop them soon, we’ll be
in for the real holocaust. For now, Kadhafi has done his part to
forestall that march toward global war. To him we say, “Mabuhay ka,
Kadhafi!”
(Tune in to Sulo ng Pilipino/Radyo OpinYon, Monday,
Wednesday, Friday, 5 to 7 p.m., and Tuesday, Thursday, 5 to 6 p.m. on
1098AM; Talk News TV with HTL, Saturday, 8:15 to 9 p.m., with replay at
11 p.m., on GNN, Destiny Cable Channel 8; visit
http://newkatipunero.blogspot.com for our articles plus TV and radio
archives; and e-mail me at mentong2011@gmail.com)
(Reprinted with permission from Mr. Herman Tiu-Laurel)
Source: The Daily Tribune
URL:
http://www.tribuneonline.org/commentary/20110826com6.html