• 6 AUGUST - *1907 - Gen. Macario Sakay, one of the Filipino military leaders who had continued fighting the imperialist United States invaders eight years into the Ph...
    11 years ago

......................................................................................

The Daily Tribune

(Without Fear or Favor)

Specials:

Bulatlat.com

World Wildlife Fund for Nature-Philippines

The Philippines Matrix Project

My dearest Ninez NO HOLDS BARRED Armida Siguion-Reyna 03/20/2012

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

My dearest Ninez

NO HOLDS BARRED
Armida Siguion-Reyna
03/20/2012
Just as ignorance of the law is no excuse, I have none, for not having been around to at least hug you when you lost your husband, Ed, Monday of last week.

That you were there for me, when I lost mine, makes me feel worse, but hush. This isn’t about the pain of my embarrassment, as it is about one widow telling another the worse is yet to come. It’s for your getting accustomed to the loss more quickly, that I am obliged to tell you the truth. Babying you just won’t cut, especially as how to baby an amazona like you is bound to be the greater problem.

Perhaps the one thing we have in common is how others perceive us to be strong. I do not know how you will adjust to the loneliness of the bedroom; it took me some time..... MORE

SourceThe Daily Tribune

URL: http://www.tribuneonline.org/commentary/20120320com2.html

0 comments

Blog Archive