• 6 AUGUST - *1907 - Gen. Macario Sakay, one of the Filipino military leaders who had continued fighting the imperialist United States invaders eight years into the Ph...
    11 years ago

......................................................................................

The Daily Tribune

(Without Fear or Favor)

Specials:

Bulatlat.com

World Wildlife Fund for Nature-Philippines

The Philippines Matrix Project

To remember what we forget NO HOLDS BARRED Armida Siguion-Reyna 09/06/2011

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

To remember what we forget

NO HOLDS BARRED
Armida Siguion-Reyna
09/06/2011
Last Friday I set out to vocalize and practice my songs for the September episode of “Aawitan Kita sa Makati,” and then went around my room wondering what it was I had set to do. And then during dinner, I saw someone whose name I could not recall, I only knew I liked her and respected her. It was a good thing that by the time she dropped by our table to greet us, I recognized the feisty Emily Abrera, chairman of the Cultural Center of the Philippines.

Forgetting doesn’t happen every day, but remembering is becoming harder and harder, what with the new and yet newer things we’re being made to use in this modern age. My mother, I think, had it easier, in her time. I mean, how long was the typewriter the typewriter?

The brain needs to be comfortable, to learn how to operate machines and utilities, and having learned to operate it, use it long enough. Like, as I said, the typewriter. I learned to use it in Grade VI, to all the way in high school, college, as a young housewife, and as a film and TV producer..... MORE

SourceThe Daily Tribune

URL: http://www.tribuneonline.org/commentary/20110906com4.html

0 comments

Blog Archive