• 6 AUGUST - *1907 - Gen. Macario Sakay, one of the Filipino military leaders who had continued fighting the imperialist United States invaders eight years into the Ph...
    11 years ago

......................................................................................

The Daily Tribune

(Without Fear or Favor)

Specials:

Bulatlat.com

World Wildlife Fund for Nature-Philippines

The Philippines Matrix Project

End of the world, and we know it HE SAYS Aldrin Cardon 01/26/2011

Thursday, January 27, 2011

End of the world, and we know it

HE SAYS
Aldrin Cardon
01/26/2011
When Asha, my eight-year old daughter, asked why it remains cold on January nights and early mornings, I just brushed her aside by telling her to blame the winds coming from China and Siberia.

At noon, she comes back to ask why it suddenly becomes too humid. Oh, blame the sun was my reply.

I got a cute smirk, but I also got my momentary peace, not being ready for any more discourse on geography (I know where China is, but Siberia?), or meteorology (What’s the difference between climate change and changes in weather?), fearing things might get lost in translation and understanding.

The following night, she caught me tucked up in bed, fully covered to the neck. Blame winds from China and Siberia..... MORE

SourceThe Daily Tribune

URL: http://www.tribuneonline.org/commentary/20110126com4.html

0 comments

Blog Archive