• 6 AUGUST - *1907 - Gen. Macario Sakay, one of the Filipino military leaders who had continued fighting the imperialist United States invaders eight years into the Ph...
    11 years ago

......................................................................................

The Daily Tribune

(Without Fear or Favor)

Specials:

Bulatlat.com

World Wildlife Fund for Nature-Philippines

The Philippines Matrix Project

The next billionaire HE SAYS Aldrin Cardon 11/29/2010

Monday, November 29, 2010

The next billionaire

HE SAYS
Aldrin Cardon
11/29/2010
To get rich quickly, that has become an obsession to many.

Like everyone else, it has also been my dream. But I have no chance at politics, where winners always hit the jackpot and players are almost, as always, like the jackpot winners if they know how to play their politics right.

For the common man, it’s the lotto which is their ticket out of poverty.

I don’t gamble, but on some days, I welcome the exceptions.

I love playing golf with my Philippine Sports Association buddies because, even if I play the worst among the PSA lot, I usually bring home a prize, the most common of which are umbrellas.

The occasional television sets they give out during special games are always tempting, and I have brought home a couple since I started taking up the sport to the detriment of the many public courses where we play.
I also cherish victories during Christmas parties and other special occasions where raffle items are at stake..... MORE

SourceThe Daily Tribune

URL: http://www.tribuneonline.org/commentary/20101129com6.html

0 comments

Blog Archive