• 6 AUGUST - *1907 - Gen. Macario Sakay, one of the Filipino military leaders who had continued fighting the imperialist United States invaders eight years into the Ph...
    11 years ago

......................................................................................

The Daily Tribune

(Without Fear or Favor)

Specials:

Bulatlat.com

World Wildlife Fund for Nature-Philippines

The Philippines Matrix Project

A Little Night Music NO HOLDS BARRED Armida Siguion-Reyna 11/02/2010

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A Little Night Music

NO HOLDS BARRED
Armida Siguion-Reyna
11/02/2010
But before I proceed, allow me to be the first to admit that I did not get to finish the Atlantis Productions’ staging of the Stephen Sondheim musical when I watched it last Saturday evening, at the Carlos P. Romulo Theater in the RCBC Building in Makati.

Heaven knows I had wanted to see the entire two acts, given that when I was still in New York some two weeks ago. I had already been hearing wonderful things about it, especially given that my apo Cris Villonco was in the cast, and Dawn Zulueta, whom I shall immodestly claim as having cut teeth in Reynafilms’ Hihintayin Kita sa Langit, in 1990.

Except the auditorium was much too cold for me. I was dressed in three layers of clothes and still shivered so much that toward intermission, my teeth were chattering. Given the choice between staying all throughout but at the same time complaining about the temperature to the point of (greatly) annoying seatmates, I had no choice but to leave after Act I..... MORE

SourceThe Daily Tribune

URL: http://www.tribuneonline.org/commentary/20101102com4.html

0 comments

Blog Archive