• 6 AUGUST - *1907 - Gen. Macario Sakay, one of the Filipino military leaders who had continued fighting the imperialist United States invaders eight years into the P...
    14 years ago

......................................................................................

The Daily Tribune

(Without Fear or Favor)

Specials:

Bulatlat.com

World Wildlife Fund for Nature-Philippines

The Philippines Matrix Project

Senate to probe House member on Pag-Ibig scam By Angie Rosales 09/08/2010

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Senate to probe House member on Pag-Ibig scam
By Angie Rosales
09/08/2010

The Senate will likely break tradition on inter-parliamentary courtesy when it dips its fingers into the latest housing fund mess, whose subject is now a member of the House of Representatives.

Sen. Sergio Osmena III yesterday said Marikina Rep. Miro Quimbo, a former official of shelter agency Pag-Ibig or the Home Development Mutual Fund, will likely face an inquiry over 

alleged irregularities uncovered recently involving Globe Asiatique Realty Holdings Corp. (GA).

“Yes, I will investigate him. That falls under my committee. I don’t care if he’s a congressman now. I don’t care if he’s president or vice president. He has to answer to the Filipino people. I only represent the Filipino people,” the senator who happens to be the chairman of the committee on banks, financial institutions and currencies, said in reference to Quimbo.... MORE

Source:  The Daily Tribune

URL: http://www.tribuneonline.org/headlines/20100908hed6.html

0 comments

Blog Archive