Have you ever been surveyed? I was, once. In 1998, I was asked for names I would prefer to vote for local positions. I found their questions leading, as the elections were still some good months away when the survey was made. The questionnaire bore names, some familiar and some I encountered for only the first time. I think the survey gave the more familiar names the edge, thus leading to trending as we are seeing now in the forthcoming polls in May 10. Surveys, I think, are more indicative of possible results when done on a smaller, very localized basis. The national surveys released recently by reputable firms can only serve as guides, but they would not indicate a general sentiment, especially when the surveys involve only small samplings. But they do contribute to trending, as I still believe majority of Filipinos vote based only on their perceptions, and not through a deeper look at the character and track record of the candidate they choose. Source: The Daily Tribune URL: http://www.tribuneonline.org/commentary/20100505com7.html |
|
-
6 AUGUST - *1907 - Gen. Macario Sakay, one of the Filipino military leaders who had continued fighting the imperialist United States invaders eight years into the P...14 years ago
features from SOBRIETY for the PHILIPPINES:
(Without Fear or Favor)
Specials:
Of surveys and trending HE SAYS Aldrin Cardon 05/05/2010 Have you ever been surveyed?
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Posted by
Jesusa Bernardo
at
1:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- ► 2012 (2791)
- ► 2011 (4620)
-
▼
2010
(4195)
-
▼
May
(352)
-
▼
May 05
(11)
- Failed polls fears up as PCOS malfunction By Mari...
- Race now between Erap, Noynoy—Enrile By Angie M. ...
- Noynoy takes back Cabinet offer to Binay after Rox...
- Nightmare at Comelec square EDITORIAL 05/05/2010
- Yellows up to something again FRONTLINE Ninez Cac...
- Haiti island unscathed by quake, but tourists stay...
- Erap up, Villar down SILVER LINING Dean Ernest Ma...
- Apologia DIE HARD III Herman Tiu Laurel 05/05/2010
- Myanmar cyclone victims struggle two years on foc...
- Of surveys and trending HE SAYS Aldrin Cardon 05...
- Surveys in, sour grapes out! SHE SAID Malou E. Ro...
-
▼
May 05
(11)
-
▼
May
(352)



0 comments
Post a Comment