• 6 AUGUST - *1907 - Gen. Macario Sakay, one of the Filipino military leaders who had continued fighting the imperialist United States invaders eight years into the Ph...
    11 years ago

......................................................................................

The Daily Tribune

(Without Fear or Favor)

Specials:

Bulatlat.com

World Wildlife Fund for Nature-Philippines

The Philippines Matrix Project

The Americanization of an outsider AN OUTSIDERS VIEW Ken Fuller 01/19/2010

Tuesday, January 19, 2010


The Americanization of an outsider


AN OUTSIDERS VIEW

Ken Fuller
01/19/2010
little while ago, I received an e-mail from a reader with the same name as a long-dead American B-movie star. This set me reminiscing about my own experiences of the B-movie era. As a child in the 1950s, Hollywood gave me access to a world far more attractive than postwar Britain, and I visited it as often as the family budget would allow.

Many of the actors I encountered in B-movies.... MORE


SourceThe Daily Tribune

ALTERNATE URL: http://www.classicposters.com/commentary/20100119com6.html



0 comments

Blog Archive